Seniors in the sunAugust 23rd, 2011 by Susan Reynard | Categories: hotels, industry, tourism
Southern Sun has launched a new programme – the Southern Sun Seniors Club – to help older travellers’ Rands go further. The new Seniors Club offers specially discounted rates for senior citizens at the group’s hotels during quiet periods and outside of peak seasons. This seems to be a first for a local hotel group.
Rules applying to the Seniors Club include:
- Seniors qualify for a 50% discount off the public rate of the day, subject to availability and at the discretion of the hotel at time of booking (excluding peak periods defined by Southern Sun).
- Only guests over the age of 63 are permitted to book this discounted rate.
- Discount only applicable to one room per booking i.e. the room occupied by the senior guest.
- Bookings can only be made direct with the hotel or through the customer contact centre.
- Seniors need to produce a valid South African ID document on check-in to validate their age. (Guest must have turned 63 at time of check-in).
- No minimum or maximum length of stay required – this is at the discretion of the hotel at time of booking.
Southern Sun is very excited to be offering this to the market. For further information go to http://www.southernsun.com/sun-breaks/pages/southern-sun-seniors-club.aspx.